Saturday 15 August 2009

Did Ya Buddha's Delight (BoA vs. Haley Bennett)


This is hilarious... a mix of BoA "Did Ya", and Haley Bennett "Buddha's Delight" in red, like a conversation between the two... with communication problems, lol.

Guess you lose and it's too late to try to come back
What part of no don't you understand?
'Cause I believe in karma. Too bad. Boy do you believe in karma?
There you go down with yesterday's news in the trash can
I got no time to be looking back,
Gonna reach nirvana. I'm past that. Boy we're gonna reach nirvana.
And now you wanna change, it's too little too late.
Each time you put your lips to mine, it's like a taste of Buddha's delight.
I see the gates of paradise, you're a taste of Buddha's delight.
Tell me all your fantasies tonight, and I will make them happen
'cause I'm not satisfied if I don't get my Buddha's delight.
Oh shanti shanti
Oh shanti shanti

Gotta a new place, a hot ride, this Gucci handbag
to match my kicks and my brand new plan,
Can you take me higher? Hey now. Wonder can you take me higher?
Why the look of confusion? Oh sorry, my bad
Forgot to mention my brand new man,
And the eternal fire. Take that. Show me the eternal fire.
Say you wanna change, it's too little too late

You shoulda loved me right when you had me
Shoulda shoulda but you didn't did ya?
You shoulda known I'm not gonna sit around
And wait for you to get your act together, shoulda known better
Don't say you wanna, don't say you were gonna
You shoulda loved me right but you didn't, did ya?
Oh shanti shanti
Oh shanti shanti

Take a good look 'cause it's the last you'll see of me
Take a good look, take a good look baby
Memorize this, all you have are memories
Memorize this, 'cause it's all you get to keep
No words, no rings, not a damn thing is gonna bring me back to you.
I'm so over you.
Put your lips to mine, it's like a taste of Buddha's delight.

You shoulda loved me right when you had me.
Shoulda shoulda but you didn't did ya?
Buddha's delight.
Tell me all your fantasies tonight, and I will make them happen
'cause I'm not satisfied if I don't get my Buddha's delight.

Don't say you wanna, don't say you were gonna
You shoulda loved me right but you didn't, did ya?
I got my Buddha's delight.

11 comments:

  1. The original song by Haley Bennett, with big thanks to feedmechocolate from whom I'm borrowing it. It's off the soundtrack to the film "Music and Lyrics" and I'm restricting access in case of copy infringement issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :^)

    The mixed version is cruel? I just find it funny, lol. Maybe it's like a conversation between a hedonist and a religious hedonist... they don't understand each other so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the religious hedonist, there's no duality, she doesn't understand no, she's still in love and she's got her Buddha delight even when she's being rejected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having way too much fun reading into lyrics that aren't actually supposed to mean anything. ;^)

    The religious hedonist in red is pure passion, pure love. She won't take no for an answer.
    The hedonist in black is contrast right/wrong, pleasure/pain, yes to the new, no to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... I see...


    hmmm,

    I guess I am more of the hedonist than the religious hedonist though not as in someone's face about.... the religious hedonist just appears nuts to me.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably offended a bunch of people...time to go... lol night Okei!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Become a religious hedonist then, or maybe that really is nuts... But, whatever, follow your passion, and you can't go wrong. Normal hedonism has dangers of being selfish... an arms race to the detriment of all. It definitely has those connotations so you're not causing offence, just being misunderstood.

    Good night!

    Edit: Or maybe I should say follow your passion with reasoning on the left and intuition on the right to guide you.

    ReplyDelete